Without proper maintenance, your air conditioning system can stop working when you need it most. Don’t let this often preventable situation happen in your home! Call Pure Air at 239-597-7873 or Download our app to schedule a service call.
AC Maintenance Experts
Have one of our NATE trained technicians perform a complete diagnostic check and maintenance routine on your air conditioning system at least once a year. It is best to schedule before Summer. If you run your AC year-round, you might also consider one of our maintenance service plans.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Checklist
- Verifying your thermostat is displaying the proper temperature readings
- Cleaning your air filter or replacing it with a new washable filter or pleated filter supplied by the customer (pleated is recommended, for superior filtration over washable)
- Inspecting all visible duct-work for leaks, separations, and microbial growth
- Checking for leaks within supply and return plenums on air handler
- Inspection of and light cleaning of evaporator coil in place (if reasonably accessible and not impacted, inside unit)
- Sanitizing air handler with an HVAC approved sanitizing chemical (Envirocon)
- Flush out drain line Adding algaecide tablets to drain pan to prevent future line clogs
- Inspect and run heater
- Run air conditioning system and take a temperature split (to verify the proper temperature coming from the vents)
- Checking the amperage draw on all motors and compressor (this ensures the unit is not using too much electricity)
- Cleaning condenser coil and cabinet (outside unit)
- Checking suction and liquid line refrigerant levels (checking pressures)
- Inspect all safety equipment
- Inspect electrical connections and tighten if needed
- Inspect copper line sets and insulation Give recommendations on things to further the life span of the system and maintenance.
- Leave a service record of the visit either electronically or on paper if preferred